Clary continues to struggle with the new Shadowhunter order as Jace is being held in the City of Bones with an unknown fate, and all suspicion in the Shadowhunter world continues to rest on Valentine's daughter. When duty calls, Clary gets a little reprieve from the family drama as she helps Alec and Isabelle hunt down a powerful demon. But what starts out as a routine mission quickly puts the Institute on high alert, and what happens next will change everything for the Shadowhunters and their Downworlder friends.
- Jamie Gorenberg — writer
- Joe Lazarov — director
- See more here
A list of the known songs and score music featured in this episode:
- "Between the Wars" - Allman Brown
- Filming began on September 12, 2016.
The following are elements adapted from The Shadowhunter Chronicles:
- Jace is imprisoned in the City of Bones when Valentine came to steal the Mortal Sword, killing several Silent Brothers that got in his way, and Jace heard their cries from his cell. Brother Jeremiah came down to the prison floor and fell in front of Jace's cell, his previously sewn mouth opened in horror as he died.
- The fact that Magnus took in Raphael is tackled.
- Magnus and Camille's relationship, and their time in London, is mentioned.
- Blackfriars Bridge is also mentioned.
- Catarina Loss is mentioned.