Raising Hell is the fourth episode of Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments.
After getting a clue about who may have wiped Clary's memories, the crew hunts down the High Warlock of Brooklyn, Magnus Bane. With all of the warlocks in hiding from Valentine, the team must lure Magnus out with something he can't refuse - a killer party and something very valuable. But with emotions running high, more may come out of their meeting with Magnus than just the retrieval of Clary's memories.
- See more here
A list of the songs and score music featured in this episode:
- "Brand New" - Dead Right!
- "Practice Practice" - Extreme Music
- "Man vs. Machine" - N3XTST3P
- Simon became a darkling after drinking vampire blood, feeling like he is becoming a vampire, and is responding to urges like a sudden thirst for blood.
- Simon mentioned Kirk Duplesse, a member of his band in the books.
- Magnus is over 300 years old and has a reputation for his exquisite taste and his party-going habits.
- Magnus and Camille had a relationship in the 1800s.
- Magnus bought Camille a necklace that cost him his London townhouse. The necklace pulses in the presence of a demon.
- Isabelle dressed Clary for the party where they were going to meet Magnus.
- Magnus likes exaggerating his real age.
- Magnus mentioned Tessa Gray, the protagonist of The Infernal Devices trilogy who later appears in The Mortal Instruments book series.
- Shadowhunters are able to use tracking spells with runes and a possession of the person they're tracking.
- The idea of spoils is hinted at when a member of the Circle talks about collecting the warlock marks of his victims.
- The necklace Magnus got Camille has since been worn by generations of Lightwoods and is now in Isabelle's possession.
- Magnus became attracted to Alec the first time he saw him.
- Alec had feelings for his parabatai, Jace.
- Magnus's line about the Dead Sea and his response to Clary's question about Jace's state are both quotes from City of Ashes.
- Simon became drawn to the Hotel Dumort.